Join Us Thanksgiving Day!
November 28th, 2019
Riverfront Park, Miamisburg, Ohio
Entry Fees (5-Mile)
- $25 before September 30th
- $30 Oct 1 - Oct 31
- ($25 for age 14 and under)
- $35 Nov 1-25 & on Expo Day
- ($30 for age 14 and under)
- NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION
Entry Fees (1-Mile)
- $20 before Oct 31
- $25 Nov 1-25 & on Expo Day
- NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION
Key Info for Race Day
- RACE TIME: Race begins promptly at 8:30 a.m.
- RACE COURSE: the race will start at the intersection of Main St and Linden Ave. The loop course includes a railroad crossing and an uphill section. There is one water stop. More >>
- STARTING CORRALS: For the safety and enjoyment of all runners, each 5 mile participant will be assigned to a corral based on expected finish time. Each runner’s race time begins when they cross the mat at the start line. More >>
Expo & Packet Pick-Up
- Wednesday, November 27th, 11am-7pm
- Thursday, November 28th from 7-8:15am
- LOCATION: Riverfront Park in Miamisburg
- 3 N Miami Ave, Miamisburg, Ohio 45342
- "NO BAGS" INITIATIVE: To prevent waste & go green, we will have very few bags available at the Expo. Please bring your own bag if desired.
The race proceeds benefit a great cause: the non-profit Ohio River Road Runner's Club based here locally in Dayton! We're dedicated to providing free/low-cost races to children and adults all over the Miami Valley to encourage healthy lifestyles and spread the joy of running!
New Online Store
Everyone loves this year’s race shirt. The one and only way to get it is to register for the race. But now you have the chance to obtain some additional awesome gear that features the official 2019 Turkey Trot logo!
We have partnered with our shirt vendor, Alley Cat, to bring you the first ever online Turkey Trot Store!
Click the link below for an amazing selection of shirts, jackets and hats, all at great prices.
We need your help! The Ohio River Road Runners Club is an all-volunteer organization and we need over 300 volunteers in order to put on the Turkey Trot. Each volunteer will receive a specially-designed volunteer shirt as well as the praise and thanks of our runners & walkers!
To Volunteer: Please visit http://volunteer.miamisburgtrot.com, check out the available jobs, & fill out the form! We will get back to you one week before the race with details about your volunteer job(s), but in the meantime, feel free to send us any questions you have and we’ll answer them the best we can!
Turkey Trot Partners
Your Business Can Be Involved!!
The Turkey Trot Expo is a great way to promote your business! Each year approximately 8000 runners, walkers, friends and family members attend. If you are interested in having a booth, contact Expo Coordinator Christine Whitesell. Message her at firstname.lastname@example.org !
Shirt sizes are NOT guaranteed after November 8th, 2019.
All registered participants will receive a custom designed, performance fleece pullover hoodie. These performance fleece hoodies have moisture-wicking technology, are 50/50 cotton/polyester, have a removable tag, three-panel hood with drawcords, and a locker-patch front pouch pocket. Our mid-weight hoodie is available in adult sizes S-3XL and youth sizes M, L and XL.
Shirt Fitting Events
We will hold shirt fittings at Runners Plus, 8970 Kingsridge Drive (behind the Dayton Mall). We will have samples of each size available for you to try on to be sure you order the correct size.
- Sunday, Sept 29th from noon to 3 p.m. @ Runners Plus (Dayton Mall)
- Saturday, Oct 26th from noon to 3 p.m. @ Runners Plus (Dayton Mall)
At packet pick-up, if you get a shirt that doesn't fit well, bring it, unworn, to the late registration booth and we'll gladly exchange it if we have your desired size among those set aside for late registrants. Please know that we cannot exchange away a shirt-size promised to another early registrant, and even though we order extra, it's imperative for us to make sure everyone gets the size they ordered before we swap.
How to Measure for Your Shirt
Shirt Sizing Chart
Food, Entertainment, & Fun
Got a creative idea for a Thanksgiving-themed costume? Think you can actually run in that costume? Enter our costume contest, either individually or as a group. Awards will go to the 5 best costumes! Judging begins at 8 a.m. on race day under the arch at the entrance to Riverfront Park!
Join us in the tent to re-fuel with some post-race treats!
- $100 gift cards to Runners Plus will be awarded to the first overall male and female and the first male and female masters (over age 40) runners.
- Custom designed medals will be awarded to the top 5 overall, top 5 masters male & female, and to the top 5 male and female and in the following age groups: 8 & under, 9-11, 12-14, & each 5-year age division from 15-19 to 80+
- Top 5 in the Wheelchair Division
So you and all of our volunteers may go home to enjoy the holiday after the race, all awards will be mailed to the winners. There will *not* be an awards ceremony after the race.
Race Results Rules
- All participants will be issued a disposable timing chip on the back of their bib.
- Do not remove the chip from the back of your bib.
- Participants are responsible for wearing their number throughout the event.
- We hate to be harsh, but: No Number = No Results = No Awards.
All participants sign a waiver stating, “I understand that bicycles, skateboards, baby joggers, roller skates or blades , or animals are not allowed in the race and I will abide by this guideline. Use of headsets is strongly discouraged.”
Please adhere to these guidelines and follow all instructions from race officials.
As a family event, the Turkey Trot will allow participants to walk with strollers as long as you place yourself at the back of the green corral for the five mile event or at the back of the yellow corral for the one mile event. For the safety of your child as well as your fellow participants, absolutely no strollers of any kind will be allowed in the red or blue corrals.